How to Make Contribution Changes to your HSA
Use the following steps to change your Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
1. Log in to your HSA account at datapathadmin.com/abb
2. From the home screen, click on the Coverages heading
3. Scroll down and click on the pencil icon next to 'Per Pay Period Contribution'
4. Enter the Per Pay Period Contribution amount. Your HSA election change will take 1 to 2 pay periods before the deduction is reflected on your payroll.
Note: Do not enter the full amount of your annual election or this will cause your change to stay in a pending status and will not process.
5. The change request will then be sent for approval. You can view the status under the History tab. If the transaction is showing a pending status for more than 24 hours, it is most likely due to the amount being over the max. Please review and ensure you have entered the amount you want deducted from each pay check.
If you have questions about a change marked pending for more than 24 hours, please contact customer service at 1-866-898-4248.
If you made a large contribution as a one-time deposit, it is your responsibility to change the election back in a timely manner. If you don’t do so, the amount will be deducted again.
When making contributions, the annual maximums include any employer and wellness incentive funds you acquire throughout the year.
Participants with employee-only coverage can contribute up to $3,500; those with family coverage can contribute up to $7,000. Employees age 55 and older may contribute an extra $1,000 over their annual contribution limit.